Sarasota Juvenile Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are a minor charged with a crime, or if your minor child is in trouble with the law, you want an experienced and aggressive lawyer to protect your interests, someone who will make certain that your constitutional rights are protected, and that the focus of any penalties is rehabilitation rather than punishment.
At the Law Office of Eric Reisinger, we bring experience and an aggressive approach to the defense of juvenile crimes. Our lawyer, Eric Reisinger, is a former juvenile prosecutor at the State Attorney’s Office. We have first-hand knowledge of how the state prepares and prosecutes criminal matters. We know how they assess value to different types of evidence, and can quickly determine the strengths and weaknesses of their case. We will use our experience to seek the dismissal of charges against you, if appropriate, or the negotiation of a plea agreement, if in your best interest.
Our Florida Juvenile Criminal Defense Practice
We offer comprehensive criminal defense counsel to minors who have been charged with offenses other than traffic violations. We handle cases involving:
- Alcohol or drug charges, from minors in possession to drunk driving to possession, sale or trafficking of controlled substances
- Theft offenses such as shoplifting, grand or petty larceny, burglary or robbery
- Violent crimes, including sex offenses, assault and battery, and even homicide
- Destruction of property or similar charges such as vandalism
- So-called “status offenses” such as truancy
The focus of the juvenile court system is on rehabilitation. We will make certain that you are afforded every opportunity for diversionary programs, including substance abuse counseling. We will be your advocate in any proceedings in the juvenile courts, but will also represent you if the court decides to send your case to the adult court.